Thursday, February 12, 2009

Module 1

My name is Kelly Roscheck. I am in the distance Family Nurse Practitioner program. I live in Boise, Idaho. As a graduate level nurses it’s important to know about information management because gathering data is how we are going to make decisions and we need to know how to find and organize that information in order to make the best decisions for our patients and our practice. We need to know where to find clinical information and how to use technology to better serve the needs of our clients.

I work as a float nurse between many different departments and all of these different departments use a different computer charting system. My hospital recently began using a new charting system that was supposed to “work for anywhere in the hospital” and so far that has not happened. On a day-to-day basis I use 5 different charting systems all of them utilize structured documentation. We are encouraged to use the structured documentation option whenever possible, it saves time for the patient care staff and allows for easier chart reviews and performance improvement data gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment